- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club :: Beat The Devil’s Tattoo
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is about to release their new album called “Beat the Devil’s Tattoo”— and have begun touring in support of it. (I know that I’ll be there when they roll into NYC in April!)
Check out the first single below and pre-order on Amazon or on the iTunes store.
(Via blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com )
- Animal Collective on sampling, songwriting and playing live | MusicRadar.com
Future Music magazine interviews members of Animal Collective on sampling, songwriting and playing live. On page one, Avey Tare says “For us, the gear isn’t that important”. The remaining two pages are a discussion of, you know, all of their gear — and how they use it to record and perform. 😉
(Via www.musicradar.com )
- YouTube – Rudess Meets Bebot
Speaking of gear, this video shows Jordan Rudess demonstrating the “Bebot” — a new multi-touch performance synthesizer for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. Freeky-deeky!
(Via www.youtube.com )
- MATRIXSYNTH: Electro-Harmonix Effectology Vol.13 Pink Floyd Synth Effects
This episode of EH’s “Effectology” series recreates the classic Pink Floyd recording “Welcome To the Machine” using just guitar effect pedals to reproduce the synthesizers and tape effects.
- The Yngwie ‘J.’ Malmsteen Humidor and Memory Box?!?
When it comes to 80’s Metal, it’s hard to tell the parody items from those more earnestly intended.
(Via www.thedailyswarm.com )